§ 1 Introduction
§ 2 Security and Confidentiality
Medicosearch AG stores all the personal information exclusively on servers in Switzerland. When handling your personal information, we take corresponding technical and organizational measures to protect your information from unauthorized or unlawful access.
§ 3 Collection of Independently Provided Information
Collection of User Information
Medicosearch AG collects personal information provided by the user upon registration, booking and when contacting Medicosearch AG (e.g. by email) and/or when reviewing or commenting on our website or when booking an appointment on behalf of a third party.
Highly confidential information
Medicosearch AG expressly emphasizes that the self-provided information can include highly sensitive information. This includes particular information on the health condition as well as disclosure of the doctor-patient relationship in general.
§ 4 Collection of Information on the Healthcare Providers
Medicosearch.ch contains a directory of healthcare providers in Switzerland with the address of the registered office and the specialty. The information contained therein was collected from publicly available sources.
In terms of using Medicosearch.ch by the users, Medicosearch AG will collect personal information of the doctors listed in the directory, in particular the reviews and comments given by the users. In addition, Medicosearch AG will collect personal information of healthcare providers who are registered on the website.
§ 5 Purpose of Information Collection and Consent
By registering on medicosearch.ch, a user expressly authorizes Medicosearch AG to process the data in accordance with § 3 and § 4 for the purposes described below.
A person who books an appointment on behalf of a third party by means of Medicosearch AG is obliged to obtain the explicit consent of a person concerned to process the data in accordance with § 3 and § 4 for the purposes described below.
If a healthcare provider does not require his removal from the directory of healthcare providers or the non-publication of the ratings and comments concerning him in accordance with § 6, Medicosearch AG is authorized to process the data in accordance with § 4 for the purposes described below.
Management of online appointment booking
To manage our online appointment booking system, Medicosearch intends to:
- communicate information exclusively in terms of online appointment booking, in particular treatment information and the doctor-patient relationship in general, to the corresponding healthcare provider. These data are expressly excluded from any evaluation and publication. This booking information contains sensitive data of the patient.
- send a confirmation email with the booking information to the user registered in Medicosearch AG in case of a successful booking. This booking information contains sensitive data of the patient.
- contact the user by email, letter or phone if the information in his profile or booking is unclear or enable the surgery to do that.
- display the appointment data, that come from direct bookings with a healthcare provider, in the user account, so that the user can manage all his bookings in one place. This is only possible if the user has already booked an appointment with the same healthcare provider at least once over Medicosearch.
Creation of a satisfaction index of the considered healthcare provider
To create a satisfaction index of the considered healthcare provider, Medicosearch AG intends to:
- publish reviews and comments submitted by users (including the treatment reason given when evaluating and commenting) except if the comment appears to be untrustworthy. These publications are anonymized with respect to the user, however the healthcare providers are clearly identified.
- contact the user via email, letter or phone if there are questions about his reviews or comments.
- enable the user-rated healthcare provider to view the published anonymous rating. It should be noted that the healthcare provider may derive the identity of the user due to the (personal) doctor-patient relationship on which the rating or comment is based.
- entitle the healthcare provider to comment on the user reviews on the website of Medicosearch AG. This comment may not contain anything that would facilitate identification of the user by third parties.
§ 6 Right to Obtain Information, Withdraw and Cancel
After sufficient identification, each person can ask email@example.com for free access to all personal data.
Each healthcare provider listed in the directory can request to be deleted at any time and object to the use of his personal data by Medicosearch AG. In this case Medicosearch AG will delete all personal data, unless Medicosearch AG is subject to a different legal obligation. In addition, the healthcare provider can demand at any time not to publish any reviews and comments concerning him. This must be informed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user can delete his profile in his account under User Info 30 days after the last held appointment. Thus he withdraws his given consent concerning the data processing. In this case Medicosearch AG will delete all personal data, unless Medicosearch AG is subject to a different legal obligation.
§ 7 Data Disclosure to Third Parties
Medicosearch AG does not communicate data to third parties, except the user’s permission is given with the acceptance of this document or except for the cases determined by law.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information according to § 3 and § 4 exclusively to third parties within and outside Switzerland who are contractually obligated to us to comply with the same privacy standards to which we are obligated. In particular these third parties are obliged to use data only for the purposes specified in § 5 or other legally permissible purposes, such as technical support, as well as not to disclose data to other third parties, unless this is permitted by us or is required by law.
§ 8 Automated Data Storage, Cookies and Analysis Tools
When visiting our website, our web servers automatically save the name of your Internet provider, your IP address, the website from which you log in, which of our pages you view, as well as the date, time and duration of your visit.
Furthermore, Medicosearch AG uses session cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are currently used by thousands of websites. At Medicosearch AG cookies do not contain any personalized information, only index numbers that are meaningless outside the website of Medicosearch AG. In addition, Medicosearch AG uses Google Analytics to analyze the user behavior visiting our website. Google Analytics also uses so-called "cookies". The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to and stored on server in the USA.
These tools are designed to ensure security of our website and systems. These data are used by Medicosearch to record users' usage patterns in order to improve our services and to carry out statistical evaluations. This allows us to adjust the contents of our pages to the specific needs of the customers. These uses are completely anonymous. Medicosearch AG does not disclose this information to third parties, unless required by the relevant authorities.Medicosearch AG reserves the right to identify users (in particular by comparing the IP address with the information collected in the procedures described in paragraphs 3 and 4), but only in case of justified suspicion of website misuse and / or the existence of a serious breach of General Terms and Conditions.